Persons leaving high-control religions or cults require assistance in re-joining the outside world as many have no employment history or family outside of the group they just left or were excommunicated from.
Re-Start will provide and/or refer ex-members to existing community based programs and/or will assist with the following:
- Crisis Hot-Line
- Addiction Intervention
- Referrals to housing/shelter organizations
- Provincial financial programs (Ontario Works for example)
- Employment services/continued education programs
- Counselling with an approved cult specialist (AORRA may help with fees for those who qualify)
- Referrals to legal assistance (AORRA may help with fees for those who qualify)
- Financial literacy specialists and/or Credit counselling
- Contact with a Social Care Worker to ensure ex-members receive all the assistance they require
- Workshops, meetups and community outreach.